An Award-Winning Leader
A leader advising leaders
Many people advise leaders, high-achievers, and high-potentials, but haven’t actually led anything. A leader is defined as one who draws followers to them. Rebecca is exceptional in that she is the recipient of multiple awards for her leadership. She has been placed in high leadership positions by the toughest audience — her peers.
- Featured in Encouraging the Heart: A Leader’s Guide to Rewarding and Recognizing Others by James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner (authors of The Leadership Challenge).
- Vice President, Together We Can Change the World, 2012-2019. This NGO serves impoverished women and children in SE Asia. Rebecca helped manage twice yearly trips of 15 volunteers to visit projects in six countries.
- President’s Distinguished Service Award, National Speakers Association, 2003 and 1999. She is only the second recipient to be honored with this award twice in the association’s 30-year history. This award goes to members who have shown outstanding leadership and personal dedication to the furthering of the association’s ideals.
- Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Treasurer, National Speakers Association — Having been a member of NSA since 1983, Rebecca served on the Board of Directors from 2001-2007. She served as the Association’s Treasurer. In 2003 she was elected to the 6-member Executive Committee, charged with making critical decisions for the future of the association.
- Nominee, Bay Area Women of Achievement, 2001 and 2002
- Recipient, P. Fripp Outstanding Leadership Award, National Speakers Association of N. Calif., 1998. This rarely-given honor is the highest award conferred by the chapter.
- Founder and Executive Director, Books For Treats — This program encourages you to give gently read children’s books at Halloween instead of candy. “Give kids brain candy. Feed their minds, not their cavities.”
- Co-Publisher, SpeakerNet News — Since 1996, Rebecca and business partner Ken Braly have published the weekly ezine SpeakerNet News, which is filled with best practices from successful speakers, trainers and consultants around the world. Every two weeks, they produce a teleseminar or webinar on topics of vital interest to the speaking profession.
- Campaign Training Director, United Way of Silicon Valley — For three years, Rebecca designed and delivered key development training to the other campaign cabinet members, the loaned executives, and the agency executives.
- Vice President, American Society for Training and Development, Silicon Valley Chapter — For two years, Rebecca served as Vice President, and continues her ongoing involvement as a leader of special projects.
- President, Association of Executive Saleswomen — When Rebecca served as the president of AES, she initiated and organized a fund-raiser, netting the association over $5000. This was 10 times the amount any previous fund-raiser had earned.
- President, Santa Cruz County Businesswomen’s Network — In the two years Rebecca served as president, she increased membership from 25 members to over 400. Additionally, she initiated an annual fund-raiser attracting over 400 community members to attend a function benefiting the local battered women’s shelter.
More about Rebecca
A leader who practices what she advises others